Central Farm is shown on the 1878 OS map <1>, on the north side of the main street in Long Marston and with orchards to north and east. The farmhouse occupies the east side of the large open yard, with a long range of farm buildings on the NE side with a pond at the rear, and some smaller buildings on the SW side on the street frontage. By 1899 <2> a second yard had been enclosed by the pond, and by 1924 <3> the farm had expanded again, with new buildings in this second yard and on the street frontage. The 1924 layout survives, although the farm buildings have been converted into housing.
<1> OS 25 inch map, 1st edition, 1878 (Cartographic material). SHT8116.
<2> OS 25 inch map, 2nd edition (1897-1901), 1899 (Cartographic material). SHT8113.
<3> OS 25 inch map, 3rd edition (1913-1925), 1924 (Cartographic material). SHT5271.